Here is the tentative schedule for the TexMoot! Take a look at the exciting and intellectually-stimulating events we have planned, then register, submit, and spread the word. We will continue to update with more details as panelists are confirmed and papers are chosen.
9:00-10:15 Flash-Paper Presentations: 10-minute academic papers on the theme of healing in literature/literature in healing
10:30-12:00 Creative Presentations: 10-minute poems, short stories, works of art, and musical presentations on the symposium’s theme.
12-1:30 Box lunch on site: and special event TBA!
1:30-2:45 Panel of Invited Guests: scholars from literature, language, linguistics, and trauma healing to talk about the theme of healing in literature/literature in healing
3:00-4:15 Flash-Paper Presentations: more 10-minute academic papers on the day’s theme
4:30-6:00 Keynote Address by Corey Olsen, The Tolkien Professor
Dear scholars, students, creative writers, and lovers of language & literature: We are pleased to announce that registration for Texmoot is now live! You can sign up here: https://www.regonline.com/texmoot2018. You don’t want to miss this exciting one-day event where you can talk about your favorite books, listen to smart people give short papers, and enjoy scholarly talks and creative presentations.
And don’t forget our Call for Papers and Creative Presentations:
http://texmoot.org/call-for-papers. Send us your ideas by November 1st!
The cost of lunch is included in the registration fee. The choices are listed below. All meals include kettle chips, a fresh baked cookie, fruit cup, and choice of bottled water or canned soda.
- The Bella Wrap: Balsamic Marinated Mushrooms, Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Green Onions, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Garlic Aioli in an Herb Wrap
- The Deli: Choice of Meat (Ham, Turkey, or Pastrami), Provolone, Pickles, Lettuce, and Tomato on Wheat Berry
- The Barnyard: House-made Chicken Salad, Cheddar, Lettuce, and Tomato in an Herb Wrap
- The Tuscan Chicken: Grilled Herbed Chicken, Provolone, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Pesto Mayo on a Hoagie
- The Club: Ham, Turkey, Bacon, Swiss, Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Honey Mustard, and Mayo on Wheat Berry
Please check back soon for TexMoot announcements. We’ll be telling you about panelists, providing updates on the schedule, and sharing descriptions of TexMoot evening festivities.